Jennifer has experience in graphic design, brand development, and digital media. She is passionate about architecture, typography, and black & white film photography.
Offering the best of both worlds by combining the convenience of a big city with small town hospitality, the city of Temple is regarded as one of the greatest places to live and work in Texas.
According to CBS News, Temple is ranked as the 6th most affordable place to live in the U.S. with the cost of living in Temple, Texas 14.3% lower than the national average!
With one of the fastest growing healthcare systems, robust economic sector, and emphasis on education, Temple is experiencing quick growth attracting residents from all over the state and beyond - learn more about Relocating to Texas.
Temple’s pro-growth attitude and business friendly environment has allowed Temple to create diverse employment opportunities and maintain a lower than average unemployment rate* when compared to the surrounding area, state, and nation.
Focused on wellness and healthy living, the city of Temple, TX offers residents so much more than an affordable place to live.
Here are 7 things to love about living in Temple:
- Quick access to I-35 – whether it's a family trip to Dallas or a weekend in Austin, you can enjoy all of the benefits of the metro areas without having to live in a big city. Temple is less than an hour from the Austin metro and 2 hours from Dallas-Fort Worth.
- Premier healthcare facilities – from Scott & White Medical Center, McLane Children's Medical Center and the VA to urgent care centers and clinics, Temple has your health needs covered.
- Education is a priority – Temple, Belton & Academy schools put students first, integrate technology in the classroom, and excel in academics & athletics.
- Home to Temple College – not only does TC offer the opportunity for high school students to earn dual credit, there are also a range of courses available to continue your education, no matter what age you are! You'll also find a variety of cultural events throughout the year, such as the Jazz Festival and art shows.
- Staying active is easier – there are so many community & neighborhood parks, a growing trail system, indoor & outdoor swimming pools, two golf courses, and with the addition of the Crossroads Recreational Complex currently under construction, there will be even more sports fields, courts, pavilions, and trails for the whole family to enjoy!
- Shopping of all kinds – Temple Mall offers larger stores like Dillards & JC Penney, Westfield Market features local shops & dining, The Hub has a range of boutiques, fresh produce & local goods are available at the Farmer's Market, and the Round Rock Outlet Mall is only 40 minutes away.
- It's growing – Temple will continue to grow as more companies make the move to Temple and real estate here is still very affordable compared to larger metros, providing you the opportunity to make an investment in your future and continue to grow your savings.
The Temple Convention & Visitors Bureau has put together a list of 101 Things to Do in Temple TX, a great way for current & future residents alike to experience a broad range of what Temple has to offer. As for me, I'm off to a good start exploring the Temple area with 35 of them already checked off the list!
Moving to Temple, Texas?
We've got you covered - check out our local guide that includes contact information for utilities, city services, schools, and more!
As home builders in Temple, TX for over 50 years, Omega Builders has won numerous awards for home design & customer service, as well as established a reputation for quality construction with homes that are built to last. New homes are available in the best neighborhoods in Temple TX, offering a range of choices when it comes to schools, amenities, location, and price - Explore Communities in Temple.
*According to data from the US Department of Labor's Non-Seasonally Adjusted Unemployment Rate
Editor's Note: This post was originally published in May 2017 and has been updated to reflect the most accurate information.